Sunday, November 21, 2010

I've been slacking!

So I haven't blogged since February! Wow! I have been slacking latetly! We got busy with Aaron finishing up his last semester and graduating and looking for a job. We are now living in McPherson, Kansas and Aaron is the Student Pastor at New Hope Evangelical Church. We are loving the town here and all the sweet people! The boys have adjusted well and made lots of friends. Aaron loves his job and the students he gets to work with. We are very blessed and see God's hand in the journey we have been on since Aaron started school in August of 2007.

These are a few pics of the boys and our house!

This is my little football player. Isaac played his first year of football this Fall and it was tackle with full pads. I know! What was I thinking letting my baby play tackle football? I thought that often through the season but Isaac had a great time and loved being out there playing. He never did enjoy being tackled though!

My little Kindergardener! He absolutely loves school! This is his first school picture. He has the best teacher and has made some great friends. He is doing very well in school and loves to learn. I hope and pray he keeps that desire to learn all through school!

Isaac got baptized on his 9th birthday this year! We are so proud of him! It was so neat to have his daddy be apart of this! My parents were in town for the boys birthdays and got to be there to see this. What a great way to celebrate his birthday!

We bought our first house in almost 9 years. We had our own home after we had been married a year but sold it to move into a parsonage. Since then we have lived in an apartment or parsonage while Aaron finished up school. We are so excited to own our own home again. We love our little house and the neighborhood we live in. OH and yes those are Christmas lights on the house with the Thanksgiving decor still out. We were told to hang our Christmas lights while we could. It gets cold here and is always windy which makes it hard to hang lights. We listened to their advice since it's only November and it feels like the middle of winter in Mississippi.
One of my favorite things about being in Kansas is the sunrise and sunsets we get to see. We have lived here 5 months and I still stand in awe of the awesome colors we get to see.






3 comments:

  1. Yay! We are back in blog mode! No holding us back now! Ha! We continue our prayers as life continues to settle into Midwest living! Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me to start blogging again! It was fun to share whats been happening since we moved. Love and pray for ya'll too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that YAY!!! You know I am the only person who does not have a facebook:) This is my only communication to friends thru the computer…blogging:) I love your house, the boys look so big and grown up, so cute! I am so happy to hear you all are adjusting well and making great friends, not that I am at all surprised tho, I knew God had a great plan for you all in Kansas!! Miss you guys, can't wait to see you at Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete