Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I haven't blogged in a month and I was going to post some pictures with this but I have lost my cord that connects my camera to my computer. So I am blogging but you won't get to see any of the fun pictures to go along with it.

We have had such a busy summer. I never thought we were going to be this busy. At the end of May, Cade went to stay with my parents and had to come back home early so we could have all of his tests run. My mom came back with me to Louisville and when she went home she took Isaac with her. The plan was for both boys to stay with my parents while I went to Mfuge with Aaron and the youth. My grandfather was living with my mom and wasn't doing well, so I decided I wouldn't go to camp and me and Cade would just go Mississippi to see my family in Mississippi. My grandfather passed away a week after I got there. He had cancer and had just gotten really weak and wasn't eating. He was 87 years old and was tired. Aaron left camp on Saturday and headed to Mississippi. He did my grandpas funeral service so we just stayed another week in Mississippi. So Isaac was in Mississippi for a whole month and we were all gone half of the month of June. It wasn't our orginal plan for the summer but I am glad I got to be with my family.

We had some friends come visit us last week and stayed all week. They helped me take up the carpet in our living room and dining room. We sanded and stained the hardwood floors and I really like it. We also went to Indiana and went shopping at the outlet mall. It was a fun week. (had some good pics of the fun we had and the cookout but of course I can't get from my camera to my computer)

Aaron has been out of town since Thursday and will come home tomorrow night real late. Then we will be leaving Friday morning for our family vacation. We are going to New York this year and will be staying with some of our friends. Cade doesn't really know where we are going but Isaac has a little idea. He is really excited about seeing the Statue of Liberty. I have heard it is booked up until September, so we won't get to go inside but he will get to see it up close. None of us has ever been to New York so we are real excited about going.

Cade is doing well and our appointment with the Neurosurgeon is getting closer. It is on September 2nd and we are anxious to hear what he has to say and where we will go from here.

Hopefully I can get another cord to the camera and will be able to at least post some pics from our trip to New York.

1 comment:

  1. Blogger slacker! I lost my camera cord too. Can't you put your memory card in the laptop?

    ReplyDelete